Athens To Atlanta
Please register now for A2A at the official site! http://a2a.net/?rsn2
Hi and welcome! AthensToAtlanta.com is a special part of Roadskater.net for anyone who loves, or thinks they might want to try, the grandaddy open road ultramarathon skate in the USA, the 87-mile Athens to Atlanta roadskate. It's not a substitute for the a2a.net site, but a companion guide!
- Click here to see the forum discussions:
- Also try looking at articles tagged with A2A as a term:
- Check out or add to our A2A logistics book or training guide:
The race starts in downtown Athens, GA in front of the Classic Center, with options for 87, 52 (separate start) and 38 miles. The traditional 87 and the 52 finish in Piedmont Park in downtown Atlanta, GA, while the 38 finishes in old downtown Dacula by the rail tracks where cotton and tobacco were brought to the train depot. Some race but many tour the event, and the finish line is open until 5:00 pm after a 7:30 am start. Please use this forum to ask questions and reply to questions about anything having to do with A2A.
Also please look at our other resources, which we'll build together as the event approaches, and help us build the Athens to Atlanta A2A Roadskate American History Project too:
- use the Search box at the top right of every page to search for "a2a" or for "athens to atlanta" to find content anywhwere on our varied site.
- check View/Books for various handbooks on A2A, including cycling training and skating training tips, and help with arriving in Atlanta and in Athens, finding a places to stay in both towns, and getting to the Friday night skate and the Sunday start plus the awards ceremony and back to your car or to the airport.
- check the Tag Cloud at the top of the page for A2A, Athens, Atlanta, and other related tags, then click!
- check the left side column for inline skating and speedskating news, and articles on road and tour cycling, plus aggressive and roller derby and more styles of skating, and for charity ride news.
- check the left column for the Events calendar, and look at event listings to see comments on the event, the course, anything to do with the tour or race.
- check the right column to see recent and popular content, who's online, and more.
- JOIN RSN FREE so you can vote on content, get your own journal (blog), post in forums, help write the handbooks, put yourself on the map and more. We want you to help us build a community!
I hope you love this and help create a resource for others so we can show them, yes you can skate 87 miles (or 38 or 52) in a day and be part of USA history on wheels!